He gives examples of the Prophets and how they dealt with 'spiritual awakening' as well as 'social reform' of the community.
- When we see ills around us, it's not for us to curse, but to address as much as we can.
- As muslims, we have a moral obligation to make a difference.
- Prioritise. Know what to deal with first.Some things can wait. Address the most important issues first.
- Engage in campaigns, whether it is about drugs, domestic violence or child abuse.Use the teachings of the Prophet to raise awareness
- 'If what you believe in does not impact how you behave, then what you believe in is not important'
- There are sevral issues within our own communities that we need to address. We can do this by putting our masjids to good use.